St Alban’s Catholic Voluntary Academy
Our school has a prime location in Chaddesden having the advantage of 3 hard play areas, a playing field and extensive landscaped grounds. The children are actively involved in maintaining their pleasant environment through classroom and extra-curricular activities.
The first building was opened in early 1957 as St. Alban’s Primary School. The succeeding years saw a rapid increase of pupils and necessitated the building of an Infant School in 1969. The school separated and became two distinct schools; St. Alban’s Junior School and St. Alban’s Infant School. Due to a drop in pupil numbers the two schools amalgamated in 1984 and once again, the school became known by its original title.
Currently there are 330 pupils at St. Alban’s, accommodated in 2 buildings, both of which benefit from a well equipped library and assembly / P.E. hall.
The infant building comprises 3 classrooms incorporating cloakroom, toilet and wet play facilities, as well as the Foundation Stage.
The junior building houses 6 classrooms, ICT suite, library, Nurture room and the offices of the business manager and headteacher. Hot meals are served in the junior hall from the kitchen attached to the school. Whole school Acts of Collective Worships and assemblies are held in the junior hall, to which all parents and friends are invited.